Tuesday, May 19, 2015

peach tea!



i adore sweet tea. its the natural southerner in me. as a child, i would spend my summers in north carolina with my dads family in a small little town called new bern. and let me tell you the two things i looked forward to (other than seeing family) was my aunt toni's sweet tea and biscuits! i swear it was my heaven on earth! but sadly after my grandmas passing everyone kind of scattered and moved around and according to my aunt, she hardly makes biscuits and tea anymore. so i had to learn how to make it and although it could never be as good as her's its really quite wonderful! and it brings me back every time <3




1 cup of water
1 can of peaches in heavy syrup
3/4 cup of sugar
5 tea bags

in a sauce pan bring 5 tea bags to a boil. once boiling for a minute or so, turn off heat and cover for 5 -10 minutes. mean time fill a pitcher (mines only holds about 5 cups) with cold water and set aside. back to the stove take out tea bags and add sugar to the tea and mix until the sugar is dissolved. depending on how much peach flavoring you like (that's how much syrup you pour in) i also like to add in some of the peaches as well. mix it all together, and if the weather allows sit on your porch with a nice book and enjoy over ice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment